Applications are invited for Research Assistant at IITJ
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur was established in 2008, to foster technology education and research in India. The Institute is committed to technological thought and action to benefit the economic development of India. Scholarship in teaching and learning; Scholarship in research and creative accomplishments; and relevance to Industry are three driving forces for us at IIT Jodhpur.
Post : Research Assistant
Applications are invited from the citizen of India for filling up the following temporary position in the sponsored research project at this Institute. The position is purely temporary, initially for a period of 01 Year, and extendable but co-terminus with the duration of the project, on contractual basis with consolidated pay.
Project Title : Multimodal Approaches to Develop Potential Therapeutic Leads Targeting Molecular Hot Spots of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy for Clinical Trial.
Name of the Project Investigator : Prof. Surajit Ghosh
Duration of Initial Appointment : 01 Year
Consolidate Pay : Rs.32,407/-+HRA (As per institute norms)
Age : Below 30 Years
Minimum Qualification and Experience : Essential Qualification: M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry with 3 years of experience. Desirable : Hands on experience in Antisense Oligonucleotide Synthesis in Akta Oligopilot 100, Purification & Desalting Akta Pure & Akta Flux, Lyophilzation Small molecule synthesis in Glass Reactor (Kg scale).
Job Description : Antisense Oligonucleotide Synthesis, Multistep Organic Synthesis of novel small molecules, Purification, Characterization and Analysis.
Duration of the project : 05 Years
General Instructions to Applicant(s)
1. The post(s) is purely temporary and contractual for a period of 01 Year, and extension based on satisfactory performance, but co-terminus with the duration of the project
2. Application which is incomplete, not in prescribed format, without photograph or unsigned will be summarily rejected.
3. Certificate in support of experience should be in proper format i.e. it should be on the organizations letter head, bear the date of issue, specific period of work, name and designation of the issuing authority along with his signature.
4. The Institute reserves the right to: (a) conduct written/trade tests for such posts wherever if the circumstances so warrant (b) not filling any of the advertised positions (c) fill consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview from available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change.
5. The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
6. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
7. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
8. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
9. No interim correspondence will be entertained.
10. No need to send hard copy
The candidates possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply through ONLINE process up to 28 July 2020. The candidates are advice to send soft copy of the application with all relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. No need to send hard copy.